Thursday, January 28, 2010

King commits to MSU

Senior running back Kenthen King of Mankato East High School has given a verbal commitment to Minnesota State to play football there this fall. King indicated on Thursday that he will sign his letter of intent on Feb. 3, the first day of the signing period.

King had narrowed his choices to MSU and the University of Minnesota Duluth but cancelled a visit to UMD for this weekend.

"This seems like a good fit for me," King said. "It's a better fit financially because my mom (Sandra) works up there. I knew a lot of people up there, and my parents and friends can see me play."

King, 6-feet, 195 pounds, rushed for more than 1,000 yards in two different seasons with the Cougars. He finished with career totals of 2,554 yards and 30 touchdowns. Last season he was an all-Big Nine Conference, all-city and honorable mention all-state selection.

-- Chad Courrier

No comments:

Post a Comment